Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fuel Concert!

Originally POSTED ON MY PINK POSSE BLOG ON OR NEAR
Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:46 AM

NOTE: THIS VERSION HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY ALTERED.

Hello All!,
As I said last night, I saw Fuel in concert on the 4th of this month.
I have to say, it was a unique experience for me.
When I go to a concert normally, it's for two reasons:
1. To vent, & I do mean vent. We're talking in the mosh pit, jumping
up & down & shoutting out the words, usually directed at my mother,
people who tell me I can't do something, etc. Every song holds a
meaning, & every feeling is so intense at SEETHER concerts I cry &
during NONPOINT concerts I rage. (It's not that cut & dried, but I'm
making it overly simplistic for this particular post).
& 2. To meet, greet & expand the band's egos by telling them how great
& wonderful they are! And, yes, I do mean it. I don't give praise
where it isn't deserved.

So I go to see Fuel, & the only song they played that really held
significant meaning was "Hemorhage in my Hands". (Dedicated to my
mother). But every other song I was able to dance for the sake of
dancing & get lost in the words. I didn't cry or scream or hurt, I
just was.
I must confess, I didn't think the performance was super, & I probably
won't shell out money to see them again when I can just have a CD, but
it was definitely a different feeling.
I usually leave a concert feeling emotionally drained, exhausted, but
tremendously good, because I got to see the band. But this time, all I
felt was good. I think I could grow to like that feeling. . .
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment