Monday, December 10, 2012

#Reverb10 - Mon. 12/20/10 - Beyond Avoidance - Writing!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michelle Medina <michellem86@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:55:54 -0500
Subject: #Reverb10 - Mon. 12/20/10 - Beyond Avoidance - Writing!
To: michellem86 <michellem86@gmail.com>

December 20:
Beyond avoidance.
What could you have done this year but didn't
because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred
from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

I'm still learning the ropes of this 'new' me. Learning how to grab my
life by the ovaries & ride! Having said that though, it's hard for me
to think of something I could have done this year that I didn't. I
feel like everything has happened for a reason & I was exactly where I
needed to be this year & there exactly when I needed to be there. If I
had tried earlier on, it wouldn't have worked because I wasn't ready
'before'. I will say that writing is sometimes hard for me & I've
written that before. I can 'go!' for quite some time & do really well
in my writing, but then something will come up & it's like I'm blocked
& won't allow myself to put it down into the ether. So perhaps the
only thing I could have done more of this year is writing & yes, I
will do more writing in 2011! It's a way for me to look back & forward
& I would hate to think I missed out on some new thought, idea or
inspiration because I didn't write. Writing sometimes brings up new
thoughts I've never considered before, & it also sparks conversation
with others & allows me to get their take on things, which can then
spark new thoughts or ideas for me.

--
"Something in the way. . .
Hmmm. . .
Something in the way. . .
Hmmmm. . ."
--Kurt Cobain "Something In The Way"
"Pain? You don't know what pain is!!"--Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment