Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 15 of the Gratitude Challenge: Greatful for me day!Day 15 of the Gratitude Challenge: Greatful for me day!

Today it's focusing on myself, being thankful for my unique personality, skills and talents. What exactly is the difference between a skill & a talent??? Ugh! Lol. Ok. . . Talent: A special natural ability or aptitude. . . Like a talent for drawing. Skill: Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience. . . Both stolen from www.thefreedictionary.com Hmmm. . . Now what to write. Skills: 1. I am proficient in the use of a cane. 2. Reading Braille. 3. Spelling. 4. Following instructions. Talents: 1. I'm good at picking up the sung language. Lol. What I mean is I can't speak German, Gaelic, Afrikaans & can only speak a limited bit of Spanish, but when sung, I seem to pick them up more easily & so can sing German, Afrikaans, Spanish & Gaelic/mouth music. 2. Cooking. I didn't put this under skill because I most certainly don't know 'everything' about cooking, but if I follow directions carefully, I can make some good stuff according to family. 3. Writing. 4. Understanding heavy accents. When we watch the news from BBC, or anything where someone is talking, but has a thick accent from their home country, I play translator. Lol. My family says: 'What did they say? Sounds like they aren't even speaking English!' & I translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment